Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Installing speaker/battery holder into the hilt

Default Installing speaker/battery holder into the hilt

Is there a trick to fitting this part: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P315.aspx into the main body tube(http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hi...ctor-P126.aspx)? The part slides in and fits perfectly. But once it's in, there's no gap between the speaker and the threaded end of the main body tube to screw the pommel back on to the main body tube.

I, of course, acknowledge the distinct possibility that these two parts weren't made to fit together.

They are actually designed to fit together and still allow you to attach your pommel. If there's no gap in the threaded end for the pommel threads to fit in, then the battery pack is not fully seated in the hilt. When it's seated/installed correctly, you should see this much space between the speaker and the end of the hilt:

Removed:
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-09-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the photos.

It must be catching internally, then. I reversed the speaker/battery and slid it in upside down a little just to see if the end would fit. It fits fine with clearance. It won't slide in when I turn it back the correct way, though.

I can get it in far enough that the speaker sits flush with the end of the main body tube. At that point the speaker fits snugly inside the inner diameter of the main body tube. I can move it in just a tad further and it seemed to lock in place. I had to push it out from the opposite end of the main body tube in order to remove it.

If I turn it around, though, the speaker slips in with clearance all the way around.

Last edited by Nassik; 01-09-2015 at 03:54 AM.

There's something else going on there, because even installed backwards, the speaker mount should sit fully inside the hilt tube like this:

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

The speaker mount's diameter is simply too big or the main body tube's inner diameter is too small. I checked the inside of the main body tube... there are no burrs or obstructions in there. I tried inserting the speaker mount into both ends of the main body tube and it simply won't fit. If I try putting it in backwards it stops at the lip just past the threads.

Here's as far as it will go backwards:

I have mounted a D-ring to the side of the tube. I shortened the two 6-32 socket Head Cap Screws that hold it in place, though, and the ends of those screws don't extend into the tube. I cut them short to ensure that there was no obstruction when attempting to insert the speaker mount. The fact that I can't insert the speaker mount into the opposite end of the main body tube reveals that this issue has nothing to do with my shortened screws. Just to be sure, I removed the D-ring and attempted to insert the speaker mount... it still won't fit.
    Last edited by Nassik; 01-09-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Try taking a piece of simple sandpaper, and sand down the bottom lip a little. Make sure you clean off the debris off the speaker holder before fitting it in again.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Looking at it and thinking, looking, and thinking some more... I can only conclude that the main body tube's inner diameter is too small. The lip just past the threads marks the beginning of the tube's inner diameter and that's the point that the speaker mount just can't get past. The inner diameter at the threads is wide enough for the speaker to fit in easily.

Jay-gon Jinn's above picture shows a speaker mount fitting within the body tube. Assuming that every speaker mount of this style is identical in size, my speaker mount should fit in the same tube that is in that photo. If that is true then my main body tube must have a smaller inner diameter.

I highly doubt it, it might be .001" off or something like that, but it should still fit. If not, the advice I gave you would still work, only sand the smaller diameter part of the speaker holder a little.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com