Thread: NB - No Sound: Suggestions?

Blog Entries

Default NB - No Sound: Suggestions?

I re-wired my first build to make the wiring neater and to build a better chassis. Now, with the re-worked electronics, I have no sound. Everything else seems to work fine. I re-re-wired the speaker connections just to make sure there wasn't a problem there, but that resolved nothing. I do hear a very faint noise from the speaker, and there's a slight pop when I pull out the kill key. I'm thinking either there's a problem with the configuration files or the NB is fried. I checked the volume controls in the soundboard files, and they are set at 4. I wonder if I could wipe the disk and start again. If so, is there a place where I can download the original files and start clean? If that doesn't work, what else should I try? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

Download the default config here:

http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/a...rticles_id=107

Reformat the card and see if that helps. Sounds more like a dead speaker to me. Do the lights still come on?

Blog Entries

The lights still come on--both the main LED and the switch light on the anti-vandal activation switch. I wiped the disc and tried again. Still only a little bit of sound. I also tried a different speaker, but with the same result. I wonder if the battery is weak? I tried a different battery and still no sound, but there's a chance both batteries need recharging. I'll let one charge and see if that changes anything. I'm open to other suggestions as well. Thanks.

Blog Entries

It wasn't the battery. I'm sending the NB back for repairs. I think I abused it a little too much as I learned the ropes of saber smithing.