Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Salutations

Default Salutations

Well I figured it was about time I made an account so I could actually start posting, Since I've been reading through these forums for over a week now. I plan on building myself a saber as soon as I have the money, which might take a while, so until then I'll be working on planning it out so I can have a clear idea of what to do. I'll probably be asking an awful lot of questions about things I'm not really clear on, I hope it doesnt bother anyone but I'd like to get things right the first time I try to build something, especially since I can't really afford to buy replacement parts if something gets fried.

But anyway, you all seem like a great group of overly-obsessive fans and complete dorks, and it'll be a pleasure to be part of the community.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Welcome.

BLUE 3- Ready

Default welcome

great to have you on the forum, and feel free to ask when you run into troubles, we are here to help! and just to clear up some things im certain will come up later, your best bet in whatever project you take on is to pick up a master replicas saber off ebay that has a busted blade and gut it for the electronics which will run every type of led we use with the exception of the 5w and is currently the best thing going until erv's buttered toast is available...

once again welcome and good luck, most of all dont be afraid to get in there and throw solder like there's no tomorrow, the best way to learn is simply to try

Ryma Mara

umm butterd toast.

But where's the fun in that? If I'm going to build my own saber, I'd rather it be my own design, even if it's a good bit harder to do.

(And for the record it is "buttered.")

Default welcome

you misunderstand i think, you would be using the sound module only from the mr saber, unless your planing on designing your own driver... and if thats the case more power to you brother and good luck!

Ryma Mara

Do you know how to read typo?

Default welcome

Eruialsul, let it go man, trust me on this one... he gets fiesty!

Ryma Mara

not very much thou...I mena it has to take something to really set me off. other than that, iam good to get along with.

BTW welcome to the boards Eruialsul

I was actually planning on using Hasbro sound module.

And sorry about that, I'm kinda OCD about typos, I'll try to chill.