Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 TCSS Saber building contest.

OK. Time is officially up. I have some good news and a little bad news:

There will only be a MHS category this year, as all the entries are MHS based. Since there were a number of entries, and I have suddenly become very busy this week with my day job, the entrants might not make it up until this coming weekend, along with the rules on how this is going to work. I just need to mull a couple of things over.

So, that's the news, and good luck to all who entered!!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So, now that I have had time to go through everything, and more importantly download everything, due to the entries I got, there will be some small modifications to how this will work. Since there was not enough participation in a certain category, the categories have been "merged". The prize structure was also "modified". Instead of just First and Second place, there will now be a First Place Prize (still $200 gift certificate), a Second Place Prize ($100 gift certificate), and a Third Place Prize ($50. gift certificate). Given the situation, Tim and I think that this is "fair".

Due to the fact that there were more than 10 entrants this time around, this contest will be held according to "Kegger Rules". It works like this:

Round 1 - Polls (there will be two of them) are open for one week, and the top 4 vote getters
    from each poll move on to the "Final Round". You are allowed one vote in EACH GROUP.

Round 2 - The "Elite Eight" battle it out and the prizes will be given out based on those results.

The competition is kinda stiff... I should have both polls up by tomorrow.

Good Luck to all those who entered.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-10-2015 at 06:13 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

How long is voting period?

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    How long is voting period?
    See below:

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    ...this contest will be held according to "Kegger Rules". It works like this:

Round 1 - Polls (there will be two of them) are open for one week, and the top 4 vote getters
    from each poll move on to the "Final Round". You are allowed one vote in EACH GROUP.

Round 2 - The "Elite Eight" battle it out and the prizes will be given out based on those results.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Sorry i`m obviously blind and or illiterate. Right in front of my face.. Thanks

Will the photos be posted to this thread? Also, will the voting take place here as well?

The photos are up already. Go to miscellaneous, they're stickied below this thread

Awesome! Thank you! I've been checking this thread for the last week waiting for the pics to go up!

OK, The fun is now OVER!

The winners in the 2015 Saber Building Contest are...

FIRST PLACE: Gieheizan - Batosai
    SECOND PLACE: Masmani Flor - sks1138
    THIRD PLACE: Ember - ColdVizJerel

Congratulations to those who won, and great job to all who entered!

You can all now post your entires in the Gallery.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-26-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Lots of awesome sabers in this year's contest. Congrats to the winners!

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."