Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 TCSS Saber building contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandau View Post
    Just curious, because I just might have my saber I'm building, just to build it finished for the deadline... If it's one I've been slowly working on for a few years is it eligible? I really didn't kick into gear with it until this year, but I've done a little work on it last year. Stuff like shroud design and basic outlining of cuts, no real work til this year.
    As long as no one has previously seen it, I'll allow it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldogg1579 View Post
    Has there been any discussion about extending the deadline? Its hard to build within certain time frames when parts availability has been low over the last 90 days, especially the MHS specific stuff.
    Maybe I'm being selfish, but I'm just stuck until the parts I want to use come back in stock.... it's been about 3 months and counting ..
    I'll take it under advisement.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

OK, After thinking it over, and given the shop's move and issues with out of stock parts, I am extending the deadline for the contest a few weeks until Sunday October 4th, 2015. I will then start posting everything for voting a few days afterwards, depending on how many entries I get.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    OK, After thinking it over, and given the shop's move and issues with out of stock parts, I am extending the deadline for the contest a few weeks until Sunday October 4th, 2015. I will then start posting everything for voting a few days afterwards, depending on how many entries I get.
    This is good news... I'm going to try and get something ready for this contest just to get my juices flowing.
    also, first post in the forums, hi everybody.

First post updated with email address and new cutoff date.

A couple of people have asked me if they can send their entry in. You can send in your entry now, just please send me a PM to let me know so I can look out for it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Thanks! This gives my son a chance to build one too.

So quick question. I just finished my MHS saber that I've been working on for a year and a half now. I came across the contest about 6 months ago and was hoping after I was finished I could enter it. However I only read the first post and not any of the following comments and didn't realize that you're not allowed to show anyone the saber before the contest. Because of this, I already plastered it all over a lightsaber group on facebook showing everyone my finished saber. Does that mean I just ruined my chance of entering the contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Matatabi View Post
    So quick question. I just finished my MHS saber that I've been working on for a year and a half now. I came across the contest about 6 months ago and was hoping after I was finished I could enter it. However I only read the first post and not any of the following comments and didn't realize that you're not allowed to show anyone the saber before the contest. Because of this, I already plastered it all over a lightsaber group on facebook showing everyone my finished saber. Does that mean I just ruined my chance of entering the contest?
    It was also in my initial post.

"I will save and re-host all the pictures myself so that your name stays confidential. The polls will be anonymous, so that people don't vote for their favorite member. Please keep your sabers to yourselves as well, don't show them off until the contest is over."

You can still email it to me, and I'll decide.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Alright. I guess I just missed that part. If you don't accept it its my own fault.

Only a few hours left, people!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines