Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 TCSS Saber building contest.

I have until September? I might be able to find the time to build something awesome by then. And if not, then at least I'll get to see a whole slew of amazing new sabers! It's win-win all around!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Oh man. I wish I had the time (and skills) to enter this year, but it will still be fun to see what awesome sabers others put out there!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

There should be a newbie award for first-time builds. I'm piecing a modest one together now, but I know most of you will blow mine out of the water. LOL.

I think I may be able to play this time too. So many ideas, so few dollars and so little time.

Quick question, are double bladed sabers considered a valid entry? Just curious incase I decide to throw my work into the pot.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsaberwarrior View Post
    Quick question, are double bladed sabers considered a valid entry? Just curious incase I decide to throw my work into the pot.
    *Does Mills Lane impression* I'll allow it!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I do have a question. Can it be something I kinda started as in have the parts all wrapped up in a box with good intentions but this would be the incentive to get off my lazy Bum?

Quote Originally Posted by unclescary View Post
    I do have a question. Can it be something I kinda started as in have the parts all wrapped up in a box with good intentions but this would be the incentive to get off my lazy Bum?
    It can, as long as no one sees it before the contest.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'm in on this one. I just got notice of the NB v2 back in stock and ordered one.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

really nice, good thing I am working on a saber, hopefully I can finish it (I'm already working 1 year at this saber, so 9months could get tight^^).
    @forgetful jedi knight: I am not really sure if my saber would be a mhs or custom, can I ask your opinion as soon as you get the pictures?