Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 TCSS Saber building contest.

Force Aware

In order to send you the pictures we need to, should we host them on an account and then link them to you or is there supposed to be a way to attach it to the 'Send Email' interface?

You will need to send me the actual pictures, and I will host them in my account. As of this moment, I am not ready to start receiving entries, as the contest is still months away. When I am ready, I will post an email address where people can send their entries to.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Force Aware

Sounds good!

Well this should light the proverbial fire under my butt. Can't wait to see what everyone brings to the judging table.

Has there been any discussion about extending the deadline? Its hard to build within certain time frames when parts availability has been low over the last 90 days, especially the MHS specific stuff.
    Maybe I'm being selfish, but I'm just stuck until the parts I want to use come back in stock.... it's been about 3 months and counting ..

No discussion that I've heard. We were all given 8 months to build our best saber. While it's true that you may not be able to order all your parts at the same time, I don't think any one part has been out of stock since January. You may need to make multiple orders.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    No discussion that I've heard. We were all given 8 months to build our best saber. While it's true that you may not be able to order all your parts at the same time, I don't think any one part has been out of stock since January. You may need to make multiple orders.
    I have been, but it's seriously going on three months for one. And some extensions have been out even longer. Celebration put stock levels very low.

Well this just popped up and now I'm even more anxious to start my next build. Just gotta get some more money and hopefully I'll have the build done in time *crossing fingers*
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Yeah I had to make several orders to get the parts for my current build... may end up ordering a V4 heat sink now that they're finally back... Although I'm not concerned about it. I'm probably not entering the contest. I wouldn't expect to win with a stunt anywho. I have an extra NB I could use but meh. I like my silent sabers. I'll probably just throw it in the gallery page whenever I decide it's done.

Just curious, because I just might have my saber I'm building, just to build it finished for the deadline... If it's one I've been slowly working on for a few years is it eligible? I really didn't kick into gear with it until this year, but I've done a little work on it last year. Stuff like shroud design and basic outlining of cuts, no real work til this year.