Thread: Anubis Costume

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Default Anubis Costume

I got busy working on my current projects (a custom saber and a blaster conversion) and forgot to post pictures of my last (more unorthodox) project using TCSS parts.

For Halloween, I dressed as Anubis, the Egyptian god of death. I made a wireframe jackal head to wear as a hat over my black skinsuit, and in order to create a more menacing effect, I wanted to make the eyes glow.

So i wired up a li-ion battery, recharge port and latching switch on the top/backside of my frame...

...leading to two parallel wired red rebel stars in mhs heat sink modules, with red translucent stones over them to help diffuse the light.

then i covered the entire head (well the visible part anyway) in black fabric to match my skinsuit, before adding a taxidermy coyote nose to complete the look.

The recharge port and button were covered by an Egyptian headdress, so they are not visible, but still accessible.

And here it is with the eyes lit up. I can't for the life of me find the picture i took of me actually wearing the full costume, but when i do i will add it. Just thought this was an interesting use of TCSS parts i could share
    Last edited by Cire Yeldarb; 09-24-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Very interesting and creative!

find the pictures of full costume you must!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Very cool!!
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Very nice. I love finding new uses for saber parts.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Thank you everyone!

I think the pictures of the final costume were taken on my sister's camera, so I will be looking for them tonight when I see her

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Here we go! The first picture is the addition of the headdress, and the second two are of the full costume!