Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Darth Vindican Project by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs up The Darth Vindican Project by LDM

Darth Vindican Saber Staff for Sini Star

So, this was an odyssey. It took me about 14 months to bring this project to fruition so I would like to start by thanking Sini Star for having the patience of Job. Next, I would like to thank the fellas at Force Relics for the assist on the 3D modelling for the printed stainless parts on this saber (well over a grand worth). Finally, I want to thank all of those for whom I owe a Sid install. This project set those back about 2 months, but toward the end it became all-consuming and I simply felt that a project of this magnitude deserved my fullest attention. That said, I considered posting the entire journey, as I am wont to do with my huge custom projects, but I decided on the strait forward thread for this saber's reveal. The saber's design was taken from HD screen-caps provided by Sini Star. They came from the TOR "Return" Trailer. A few things were a "must" on this project. The central 2 accent LEDs had to be present and the light up triangle LEDs had to be the switches for the CFs. I hade to design an all new variant of my Reverse Sound Technology and machined Resonance chambers to deliver sound quality worthy of this saber. All sound venting is completely hidden. RICE ports are external and SD access is via removal of the emitters. Overall, the saber is 6' in length with the current 24" blades inserted. The hilt itself is an amalgam of 3D printed stainless Steel and scratch machined parts over a heavily modified MHS frame. The LEDs are Tri-Cree RGB and the bateries (dual 3.7V 4000 mAh packs) are as high-end as I could source. NO expense was spared in producing this saber and no detail was overlooked. There are internal and unseen parts that had to be fabricated and took a week or more each. As of tonight, I am on a 6 month hiatus from custom hilts, with the exception of the Quobi saber still owed to a member here at Fx. Well, that's it. I hope you all like her, but in the end I really hope that Sini Star feels that his vision has been validated and maybe even exceeded.

The Concept:

Particulars:
    Custom made VIndican Staff
    CFv6.0 (Stock 6 Fonts)
    RGB Tri-Cree
    LDM 26mm HO Speakers
    3.7V 18650 4000mAh HO Stick packs
    Triple-Baked enameled detail Weathering
    Custom 3D printed claws and greeblies
    Dual Reverse Sound system
    2 Brand-spankin'-new 24" heavy duty LDM Ultra-gelu Style Blades

The BMT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3D5...ature=youtu.be

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Great Custom work!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by setelf3of5 View Post
    Great Custom work!
    Thank you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

That is a truly magnificent saber! Your work is always great, but this one is head and shoulders above the rest.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Absolutely stunning work. That's got to be a heavy saber, too... that printed stainless is not light (from my experience). Probably just adds to the experience. Just wow overall.

Awesome work with this LDM! This one was definitely worth the wait!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

LDM that thing turned out absolutely fantastic. I am completely jealous of your skill and the saber's new owner.

I have wanted that saber ever since i saw the trailer
    -Sidd-

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks guys. I consider this to be my best ever. The SS is deifinitely heavy, but surprisingly the saber's weight seems "right". I will be sad to see it go, since I have been working on it for so long, but at the same time it is a serious relief to finally have her finished.

Another awesome creation!
    I must say, your exceedingly astronomically high quality of work is an inspiration to us all!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    Another awesome creation!
    I must say, your exceedingly astronomically high quality of work is an inspiration to us all!
    Thanks man. And Sunfire is an awesome first effort. I was looking at it today and getting nostalgic.