Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First COMPLET wiring view from CF v6.5 LS

Maybe I'm late and you already noticed, but in your last diagram you are still missing the + wire for the PEX.
    Without it the FOC won't work because the transistor on the PEX is not powered.

Maybe I'm not getting the full picture, but I really have no clue why you want to have a Pex connected to CF_LS. This board has the possibility to adjust the driving strenght of the LED's, so you have a native FoC even without additional FoC string/Pex. I strongly recommend using the drive strength adjustment, because:
    - for Pex you need additional room, additional soldering etc.
    - while you can make an additional FoC string, it will introduce shadowing, which in turn will make the light along the blade less homogenous -> worse look
    - you will end up with a lot of wires in the blade, leading to yet more shadowing -> even worse look
    - only Advantage of the extra string is that you can Play around with the shade, but I doubt that balances the cons

I write here from experience. I also got a CF_LS for Xmas, now I do the LED string, I do not even consider a Pex.

After i have build 6 segments from 16 LEDS, all positions on CF_LS are use.
    On manual you get the possibility to connected one FoC with one PeX.
    The PeX on manual is only with the (-) connected, then one wire (
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    It provides the signal to trigger the FoC light.
    ) is soldering in the middle from CF_LS, and the (+) is NOT on PeX but well on (+) point from CF_LS board
    Last edited by Celticblood; 01-08-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Well all is fast done now.... fast !!!
    I feel that now begin a new step: DEFINITION from LED and ACCENT LED !!

Well, after i read it for the 4th time the manuel ( RTFM : if you know what it will say )
    and searching in Internet too
    i want to ask you if this soldering from wire is correct if i wish this example from configuration:

The LED from POWER SWITCH will be ON always, when the Kill Key is Put it OUT.
    I will give with Word Pad later the rythme from puls from this ACCENT LED
    and preserve 6 another position to " pimp " or " animate " my saber later

See Updated diagram please , there where the arrow is
    Thanks in Forward for your answer
    CF-LS-v6.5_croquis.jpg

Just out of curiosity: did you already try the FoC? Reason I'm asking: I conencted a LED to the FOC pad (18mA should be enough), I even measured on the landing in the corner of the MPU wo/LED, I see no voltage on that landing, not even if I trigger a flash with the aux switch continuosly held down... do I do something wrong in the config? Is FOC always active or does it need to be enabled in the config?
    Thx!

OK, found out. The "focs" parameter was set to 0. I also soldered together quickly a PeX, so now I have FoC with some additional LEDs at the base of the blade and a rumbling motor activated by FoC.