Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First COMPLET wiring view from CF v6.5 LS

Cool First COMPLET wiring view from CF v6.5 LS

Hello everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 at first

With NEW YEAR come NEW PROJECT, and i start in the scene with the wish to goes in ANAHEIM (CA) to the next SW celebration, between April 16 - 19 ,2015.
    But not just like this.... With a first custom light saber.

I have already, take order from some pieces ( thx TCSS ), and receive my CF v6.5 LS.
    I have too RTFM ( Read The F****** Manual ) and try to find some pieces here in France. ( Thx Erv' )

I think i m be ready to soldering , but without any XP ( eXPeriences ), have thinking, maybe you can take a look on this Diagram and tell me if somewhere i 'm wrong.

By the way, if someone can show the correct wiring from Power Extender, because i m not sure about.

For any help, i thanks in forwards
    You can click on under sketch to show it bigger ... and better !!!

CF-LS-v6.5_croquis.jpg

For a first saber with no soldering experience, You have a lot going on. Your 3 month time limit seems a little short to do everything you have there.
    I would like to see your hilt idea. I think its going to need to be big in order to hold everything. If space is tight, you might want to skip the rumble motor. A string blade is a lot of soldering, have you considered using a rebel or cree setup?

Good luck with your build.

First off, I agree with Sevinzol, you have a lot going on there. Also, FoC isn't easy to do with a string blade, unless you are wiring in a second color into your string somehow. Given your lack of experience, all of that could be a problem.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-02-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

OK... Ok..
    I m not completely mental too. Some experience or tiny experience i have it . At time i have one Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module from TCSS.
    And different wiring colors, that , i can do it after somebody with more experience like me can confirm me, that all is ok....
    But before, if it s possible will tell me where i must connect my black one on Power Extender....

Because if i look again the .PDF Manual from Plector Lab, i m not sure about the connection...
    WHY must i soldering one (+) wire on Power Extender if the (+) from FoC must be solder with all another on CF board ????
    That s where i need maybe help

Thanks in forwards for your answer

You need to reread the manual. You will be wiring to the negatives of the PEX and then to the signal pad. I think you are confusing the signal pad with the (+) pad.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Well that the finaly first step . The wire what i don t have understand his fonction is NOT a (+) and not a (-).
    For this reason i take it a new colour.

CF-LS-v6.5_croquis.jpg

It provides the signal to trigger the FoC light.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

NOW my complete LED STRING in the TCSS 1"OD 3/4"ID 1/8" walled Polycarbonate tube 40" long.

It s work, but don t now if it s will look good... Not yet .
    But what can i say it that i have few hours searching how make it to have a FoC and don't blend the LED from Lame
    and search a wiring solution to have it AROUND and not only on one side

http://youtu.be/uZKGjQvUKKU
    Last edited by Celticblood; 01-07-2015 at 04:31 PM.

lel why the java tags? (or HTML...)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oups... sorry

i make it mistake... i corrected immediatly .
    Thanks