Thread: Help Please

Default Help Please

All, I figured this would be a good place to seek out some help. Me and my family are star wars fans to the core. Myself and all of my kids now have replica sabers. My youngest wanted a kit fisto lightsaber so I bought him the removable blade force fx one for Christmas. It was new in the box but when he opened it the soundboard switch is busted. Its a removable blade but right now the only way to turn it on and off is unscrew the blade ring and then tighten it down to turn it on, loosen it to turn it off. The soundboard looks to be self contained and I couldn't find a way to take it apart to check to see if something came loose in it. As many of you on here are converting your light sabers I was wondering if someone has an original soundboard that they would be willing to sell me. That or give me some ideas of how I can get the switch to work properly for him. Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Information on how to dismantle that saber can be found here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...embly-Tutorial I don't think you need a new a soundboard, the switch isn't attached to it directly so all you likely need are the parts to the switch assembly shown on the sound board casing.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Information on how to dismantle that saber can be found here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...embly-Tutorial I don't think you need a new a soundboard, the switch isn't attached to it directly so all you likely need are the parts to the switch assembly shown on the sound board casing.
    Thank you for answering. I was able to get the soundboard out. There are two screws that hold the switch on, and a lever that the control knob screws into shown below. The issue i am finding is the lever is attached from behind by a screw and there is no way to get to that screw unless I try to carefully break the case all the electronics are in, in half. I can take the two screws out of the switch but while the lever is in place I cannot pull the switch out. I was hoping maybe someone else has had this issue and knows how to get that switch out.

Saber.jpg

Okay, I re-read what you described in the first post and it isn't really a problem, that is how the sabers are designed. They are only able to activate with the blade inserted, hence why it only works with the blade secured. To by pass that, you will have to solder the circuit permanently together, as shown in the Anakin removeable blade tutorial here:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kits-available The only way to get to that soundboard is to break the housing apart at the seams. Clear packaging tape seems to work well for me when putting he housing back together for re-use.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Okay, I re-read what you described in the first post and it isn't really a problem, that is how the sabers are designed. They are only able to activate with the blade inserted, hence why it only works with the blade secured. To by pass that, you will have to solder the circuit permanently together, as shown in the Anakin removeable blade tutorial here:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kits-available The only way to get to that soundboard is to break the housing apart at the seams. Clear packaging tape seems to work well for me when putting he housing back together for re-use.
    no, the saber is broken. When I have the blade inserted the knob to turn the saber on and off I can munipulate but the saber stays off. if I unscrew the ring and then tighten it on the top of the saber it turns on. Then if i unscrew it and tighten it, it will turn off. At no time will the saber turn on or off strictly by turning the on off button. I used to be an electrician. if I were to guess the metal plate in the switch is damaged. by un screwing and disconnecting the blade on the top it is tripping the internal relay to turn the power on or off. I need to remove the switch somehow and either replace it, or just get a whole new part I believe. From what I can tell the on/off switch is always in the on position. by removing the blade, and replacing it, the internal relay is turning on and off thus activiating the blade or turning it off. I hope that makes sense. I have the vader, the mace windu, the obi wan, the darth maul, and the skywalker episode VI sabers, plus some custom made sabers with the force fx soundboards. The issue I am having is definitly with the wiring inside the soundboard from the switch. This is the first time i have gotten a saber that the switch didn't work. and from what I can tell its the actual switch and or the wiring inside that is the issue. That all being said, I certainly do appreciate you answering my posts.

I would break apart the sounboard compartment and try to figure it out myself if it was my own saber. But it is a gift to my 9 year old boy. So this being the first issue I have had with an fx saber, and it being a part that I cant just order and replace with factory as they are not readily available. as most know there isn't a return policy on the sabers because they have been discontinued. I posted here to get some advice first so I dont break it, and cannot fix or replace it.

Okay, then. Good luck with it.