Thread: Help for richarge port and latching switch!

Unhappy Help for richarge port and latching switch!

Hello everyone. Forgive me if I have two questions extremely trivial for everyone (but not for me) and that perhaps many people have, but I ask you a DIRECT RESPONSE because even looking in the forum can not understand! Unfortunately I do not know English well
    and also translating there are too many technical terms !!
    1) I have a PC and I V3 asseblato for now only the speaker, the LED for the blade and the batteries connected to the charging port. Removing the kill key activates the LED and sound,
    but I wonder when I insert the jack for charging, what if the lightsaber goes out only with the kill kay inserted ?? The jack for charging makes contact.
    2) 2 Can you show me a diagram to figure out how to connect a lachting switch (for switching on and off of the blade) and a momentary switch for the effects on a PC V3? I just can not figure out where they go tinned wires on all pins of the switch !!
    and resistors are needed?
    I understand that it may be too vague my questions, but I need a starting point, otherwise I find myself only with a sound board with attached speaker and LED, forever !!
    I sincerely thank you!

Arashi

First, it sounds like you need to change the switch setting on your sound card.

This thread should help with the switch question.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...atching+switch
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Please you can have connection diagram of a latching switch (with all its 8 connectors) to the PC V3? Thank You !! I look forward to your help.

This is the Switch:

I do not understand how to connect all 8 pins of the switch to the sound board.

If I understand correctly, you don't use all eight pins. Two leads connect to the Accent LED pads (with appropriate resistor) to light the switch, and two leads connect to the switch pads. I don't know what the extra terminals would be used for.

C1 and NO1 are the two terminals on the switch that you will connect to the PCv3. They will connect to the board as shown in the manual. You will need to set the saber to work with a "Normally Open" switch in the settings.

If you want the switch to light up, you can connect the LED+ and LED- terminals to the accent LED pads on the PC.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you for your valuable suggestions !! I connected the latching switch as you told me (for now are not connected to the RICE because I still have to pay the RICE port to the card). Does the power LED and speaker without connecting cables for the LED inside the button. But if I connect the cables to the internal LED, when I remove the kill kay nothing works and stays on only the LED of the latching switch, even when I press. Why??
    This is my diagram: Is connected a resistor? And if I do, what values should be?
    I greet you and thank you but above all: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
    MIO DIAGRAMMA 2.jpg

Always use a resistor for accent LEDs. There are online calculators available.

Sorry, you're right. I re-read the directions on TCSS for latching switch. But you know tell me if my diagram is correct? And because the PC V3 will not activate if I connect the LED of the latching switch? It's just a matter of setting the R.I.C.E.?

You don't have to have RICE set up to get things to work. You can manually change the settings on the SD card. The diagram looks ok.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com