Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video: How to do a basic crystal chamber

Post Video: How to do a basic crystal chamber

This video covers the basic ideas behind doing a simple crystal chamber. It gives you some of the basics, using parts from the store and simple bits and pieces you can find (or scavenge) for nearly anywhere. Like everything else, there are many different and various ways to do them.

http://youtu.be/ORH7FRFVBLg
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

thank you very much!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.

FJK this is very helpful, and well done. Thanks!

Thanks!
    I have those coaxial connectors lying around the house, and I never saw them as chamber accessories!
    I do have a question though, where would you suggest aquiring the crystals for a chamber? The ziplock bag of clear crystals you had would be awesome to have if trying to make a chamber (and getting a crystal that would work with the design).

Simply search for quartz crystals, they're "easy enough" to find.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Simply search for quartz crystals, they're "easy enough" to find.
    Ok, I wasn't sure if you had a preferred Amazon/E-Bay or other seller you use (and since TCSS doesn't sell Quartz crystals, I'd though you could share).

I asked because while reading through the forum posts (in general) regards to other saber parts/builder/sellers, I've read there are some people/businesses that aren't "trustworthy" to do business with (and they are not spoken of here anymore).

Just trying to go with "good" people like Tim
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 12-29-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Granted, but there are several decent vendors on eBay. It all depends on who has what you're looking for, and when. I bought those quite a while back, and I'll never likely use all of them.

Most of the businesses on the "not to be discussed list" are certain saber builders and such.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

as far as crystals go if you don't want to mess with online, try like little mom pop "hippie" stores that have like incense, tarot cards, etc and stuff. They usually have crystals of different types, shapes, sizes and colors. I have a couple around me and usually cheap like maybe a buck for one or less for a bunch. Bring your lightsaber/chamber and try to size it up and all of a sudden you'll be mr. popular, its kinda funny.

can you send a link to the "crystal holders" or coaxial connecters/end pieces you used? I'm on the radio shack website yet can't seem to find them.
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorginsnarff View Post
    can you send a link to the "crystal holders" or coaxial connecters/end pieces you used? I'm on the radio shack website yet can't seem to find them.
    I walked into the store and looked around at things they had.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines