Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video: How to do a basic crystal chamber

I think what FJK is showing in his video are called BNC (British Naval Connections). They are used with Coaxial cable. When I typed that in on the shack sight I got 52 items. I have also seen these at home depot in the electrical isle with the switches and home entertainment wiring. You could also check out the brass air compressor connections

Part of why a crystal chamber is considered a right of passage is because its very much "free form", you have to exercise your creativity, you won't be buying 'chamber' parts and slapping them together. The other aspect is that it will take up space in the hilt this forces you to practice your cram-fu skill. Don't get fixated on "getting the right part", some of it will need to be hand made.
    Last edited by Sevinzol; 01-02-2015 at 10:46 PM.

thanks so much!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for this post/thread, I found it very helpful. I had been looking around online for quite a while without much success to figure out how to make a crystal chamber...let alone where to purchase crystals.
    If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanantos

"Mongo like shiny lights."

Very Cool! Thank you Sir!

Thank you FJK for the informative video. Just so you know, Radio Shack will soon be having LARGE clearance sales as they are closing many of their stores.

I usually avoid Radio Shack but good idea re the closing/going out of business sale.
    If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanantos

"Mongo like shiny lights."