Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sunfire - My First Complete Saber

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    No, the last two pics are the normal running color, but at two different camera exposure settings (I was trying to got a pic of the "true" color, and I didn't have a sheet of white paper around ).
    The FOC is using a white LED, This one at ~1A, and it does quite a good job washing out most of the Orange, creating a very pale orange. When the FOC goes off, I can't help but think "Creamsicle/Dreamcicle".
    That is one of the other reasons I want to do a video, it is incredably difficult to time a camera click with a FOC activation!
    Ahh, okay that makes sense. I definitely want to see that creamsicle colour. It sounds delicious.

Nonetheless, a very nice job. The build pics are nice. Glad to see I'm not the only one who cuts the chassis discs to let the wires run between the board and battery.
    What did you do with the heat sink that warranted a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who cuts the chassis discs to let the wires run between the board and battery.
    I sanded down the non-SD card side of the chassis, so I could pass the 4 wires through. There was enough space originally for the two speaker wires, but not the accent led as well.
    Those discs are surprising easy to modify. On a different build, I used a pair of NB discs for a color extender (I had to wide the opening for the wider board). Turned out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    What did you do to the heat sink to warrant the picture?
    I had to shorten it to half the length (to the pencil mark). Apparently I didn't take an "after" picture.

Very nice. I think the color combo works very well together along with your choice of blade color. Also looks very solidly built. Great job!

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I don't like orange. It's my least favorite color. I don't like it in any way shape or form, but....that is one damn fine looking saber.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoJoe View Post
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I don't like orange. It's my least favorite color. I don't like it in any way shape or form, but....that is one damn fine looking saber.
    Thanks! I did build this to be able to swap out for led modules of different colors, if my son ever gets board with orange.
    I don't mind the color too much, as I used to play KotOR and it had a crystal, "Heart of the Guardian" that would change the saber blade to orange. (So I spent hours playing a game with an orange blade, and I got used to it!)

If I had to pick a "least favorite" color, I would say probably Cyan. It just looks like a weak blue-ish. (And judging by the amount of cyan blades in the forums, I'd say I'm probably in the minority on that)
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 12-29-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Very cool - really diggin' the whole color scheme of that saber!
    LOCKHEED

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Very cool - really diggin' the whole color scheme of that saber!
    Thanks!
    From a technical standpoint, I'm comfortable with what I think I can do.
    My only hesitation is the "color" schemes. In fact, I have all the parts for my own personal saber, but between coordination some final part mods, and deciding what I want/what would look good, I haven't completed it. The only think I know, is I want to avoid a completely "silver" tube!
    For this build, after only a few minutes in the online builder, the scheme just came together color and all. I guess I was inspired that day!
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 12-30-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Very nice!

Gorgeous, that's one lucky kid you have.

I notice you said you were going to do without the connectors in your next build. Was it really that tough to fit everything in as I was going to use connectors on my build and we talked in the other topic about how our designs are pretty similar in terms of space.