Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sunfire - My First Complete Saber

Yeah I'm not seeing the pics either. Hope to see the video soon. He now needs a Jedi costume to kinda match the saber color scheme =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Yeah I'm not seeing the pics either. Hope to see the video soon. He now needs a Jedi costume to kinda match the saber color scheme =]
    Ya, I do almost all of my web browsing on my mobile, so loading the pics (and the thumbnails) and setting up the links right, needs to be done on a traditional PC. As of right now, life (with work, I got a promotion because someone left, but we are still a man down; and the kids, between swim team, scouting, and my scout leader roles) have not been conductive to getting that done.

Oh, and for the costume, he WILL be going as a Jedi for Halloween this year (after how much that saber cost!), and we are lucky enough to have a seamstress in the family. She made a cool Jedi costume for him 4-5 years ago, but of course it doesn't fit now (those pesky kids and all their "growing"). So we get to have a new one made this year.

The good news is my son is still digging the saber.
    image.jpg
    His swim team had a "parade" for the younger kids from several clubs at the last event, and his club was Star Wars themed. I kind of wish he got a trooper mask though... And it just goes to show you how awesomely powerful the LEDs are in the Orange vs the Blue (from a MR to the left). This was on the pool deck, which is lit by a whole mess of high powered lights (almost operating room bright).
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 02-07-2015 at 08:57 PM.

So, It has been a while since this post was made, and since I've been active on the Forums.

I've had a request for a "build log" and this post is the closest thing I have for this saber, so I switched pic hosting and updated the links on the original post (I ditched photobucket).

Giving this a bump, for that request.

Hey @bigkevin61 ! I know I'm not the build-log requestor, but THANK YOU for switching your pic links and re-sharing SUNFIRE!

I am very glad you did so as your "The Ribbed Extension is "Black Chrome"" is AMAZING! I've been thinking I wanted to try @slothfurnace 's Friction Heat Oxidation Method in the V-Grooves on my Obi-Wan Grafluki Lightsaber's TCSS Ribbed Section after seeing him post up his Entropy Lightsaber, and wondering what the results would look like. And now I have a very good idea of what that will look like thanks to your photos of Sunfire!!!

Thanks again for sharing these photos you made my day!