Thread: Not New, Just Returning

Default Not New, Just Returning

Greetings, fellow saber lovers.

After a long hiatus (due mostly to having absolutely no liquid assets with which to buy saber parts), I am looking to re-enter the saber-building game. I've been a member here for a while, but just haven't had the ability to acquire the parts for a new build, so I kind of shelved the idea. It felt appropriate to re-introduce myself after such a long silence.

I have some new revenue coming in about five months, so I decided I would use that time to brush up on all the new material since my last visit. I've only done two sabers, and both of them need some help before I can consider them to be "done". My plans for a third saber are ambitious, but not impossible. I want to break into the area of component blades, and I'd like to get a modular chassis worked out. Like I said, it's ambitious, but I've got five months to study for it.

With all that said, how about those new boards? I took a gander at the new Crystal Focus boards (both the "stock" CF and the LS variant), as well as the PC 3.5, the Prizm, etc, etc. With so many choices, it's hard to decide. The LS does seem to be the default choice for component blades, however, so I think that's what I'll do.

Anyway, that's enough rambling out of me. I've been poking my head around the forum a bit already. Hopefully I'll learn something.

Welcome back!

Thanks. It's been a while, and there's plenty of catching up to do.