Thread: Video: How to do "Madcow-esque" style switches.

Post Video: How to do "Madcow-esque" style switches.

This video will show you how do do switches similar in configuration to the way Madcow does his, with parts from the store.

As I stated in the video, Madcow's specific system is a proprietary design, and is NOT what I am going to cover. As I hinted in the video, I happen to know what's involved, and it is involved and incredibly easy to screw up.

So, here it is:

http://youtu.be/an_nX74Ljtc
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

awesome video. that was pretty much my plan the whole time i was just way overthinking it haha

Thanks Forgetful Jedi! I was wondering what size drill bit did you use to drill the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by unclescary View Post
    Thanks Forgetful Jedi! I was wondering what size drill bit did you use to drill the holes.
    I believe those were 1/8" but you should measure your switches. The size of your switch will determine which bit you use.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Amazing, thanks for the detailed tutorial, just the stuff I need, as I'm going to use such a hidden, small aux. switch to convert a Hasbro Vader to CF LS.

Thanks for answering my question Forgetful Jedi knight. Hope this Holiday season treats you well.

Great video! Does he make his own switches? Can you explain how he gets them to look the way they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Praposo91 View Post
    Great video! Does he make his own switches? Can you explain how he gets them to look the way they do?
    Welcome to the Forums.

Unfortunately, Madcow's switches are kind of a trade secret, so I won't share any information about how he does them.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Praposo91 View Post
    Unfortunately, Madcow's switches are kind of a trade secret, so I won't share any information about how he does them.
    Those switches are what make a GCS saber what they are. Not only are they Madcow's thing, they are very difficult to do properly. I haven't personally seen how they are done, but I have a fair idea of how you would do them, and they are NOT for A) a beginner, B) the faint of heart, and C) someone without a budget that allows for screwing up... a lot!
    Last edited by sgcdialler; 07-15-2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: expounded clarity