Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video: Detailed tutorial for a basic saber with sound

Default Video: Detailed tutorial for a basic saber with sound

Merry Christmas!
    A detailed tutorial for building a basic saber with sound, using a v6 holder, removeable Lithium Ion battery, and Nano Biscotte.

Part 1
    http://youtu.be/pOpUSCsXXhk

Part 2
    http://youtu.be/sApB7J5JdZ4
    Last edited by Madcow; 12-22-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Very nice, this video is very clear, and easy to follow step by step. Great work!

Great videos! I was thinking about ordering a saberforge or ultrasaber saber but you convinced me to build my own. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The far far away guy... View Post
    Great videos! I was thinking about ordering a saberforge or ultrasaber saber but you convinced me to build my own. Thanks!
    Fantastic choice.

I cant wait to do this! Great vid

I agree this video was excellent - gave me the courage to try it on my own.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone.
    I look forward to seeing pics when you're done!

Want some opinions: If I want to build this but use a Tri-Cree where two dies are the same and the third is white for FoC, should I wire the two colored dies in parallel and deal with the shortened battery life, or should I only wire one of the colored dies to increase battery life?

I don't want to deviate too far from the video's "script" as I've ordered most of the parts already. I estimated that wiring both would probably give me about an hour of continous use on a full charge depending on how many time FoC is activated.

It really depends on you. If you do the 2 in parallel, as you said you will get a little over an hour of runtime, depending on which battery solution you use. It all depends on what you can "live with".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com