Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for future videos

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Perhaps also showing the best way to route wires past your speaker (if you have a recharge port in your pommel or wish to have an illuminated pommel)?
    I know this had been covered in at least one of Jay-Gon's saber build logs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah, wish I could remember which one, though. ;P

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yeah, wish I could remember which one, though. ;P
    There is that...

I just thought it could be a part of any potential chassis building video, for those who would like to know the best way to route wires past full diameter parts you wouldn't like a hole in (such as a speaker.)

I found which saber of mine it was, but three is not build topic for it here, it's at FX-sabers (Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Saber 21). The difficulty I see in doing an instructional video for chassis is that each chassis is specific to the saber for which it is being built. however, if anyone could put one together showing a basic chassis, it would be Madcow.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks Jay! I agree, Rob would certainly be great at communicating that concept. I know how I would do it [and have done it] but I'd love to see how others would solve it.

Great discussion everyone.
    I will refer back to this thread when I prep new videos. I have only done a few sabers with recharge ports in the pommel requiring creative wire routing. But I do know a couple tricks I could share. I may couple that with a chassis disc vid. Really it's not that hard to make a wire channel in the speaker holder with a dremmel. Use small amounts of grease to let wires slip through... actually there are probably several good ways to do it - that might make a great new thread.

*EDIT that is a great thread you linked with your saber and lots of progress pics Jay!
    Last edited by Madcow; 12-22-2014 at 04:31 PM.

There was a time when I did topics like that for every saber I built, but it got to be too time consuming to take all of those pictures and write the updates...it really slowed down the production process, so to speak. :P

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    PVC Chassis Construction ideas/suggestions
    I second the chassis options video. Granted the design is unique for each, but a little inspiration for my first build is welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    PVC Chassis Construction ideas/suggestions
    Would love to see a video on a PVC Chassis or the chassis disk sold in the store

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedreamz View Post
    Would love to see a video on a PVC Chassis or the chassis disk sold in the store
    The chassis disks sold in the store are fairly self explanatory. Madcow isn't going to be doing a vid on his PVC chassis - sorry.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com