Quote Originally Posted by cvsickle View Post
I realize this may be proprietary information, but if you could give some tips or tricks to create switches like you do, I would be thrilled. I love your "high on the hilt" switch setups. I also am a huge fan of the light coming from underneath the switch thing you do, too. Again, I know you sell this stuff for a living, and I understand if you want to retain your artistic secrets.
You are half right. Whenever I get asked this I try to respond the same way... I do not teach that technique for two reasons:
1. It sets my sabers apart, and this is my living
2. It's a difficult technique, and easy to get wrong, not lining up, damaging the LED/optics/threads... I screwed up a few times learning how to do it. SO I do not want others trouble with the process to reflect badly on my work.

Best advice is to budget time and $$$ in order to experiment and find what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
The blade idea is really good. In regards to mad cow style switches, the way Rob does them can be difficult. Rob, maybe you should cover a sililar technique using the 3d printed switch rings Tim sells.
That is the plan for Jan or Feb.