I've been lurking for a couple of weeks gathering information and specs for my first possible saber build. Here's what I'm understanding now, and if you can confirm or correct me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I plan on building it with PC 3.5 in the end, but I want to test my wiring connections and functionality of the individual "modules" as I go, and by modules I mean things like the recharge port recharging the batteries, the LED blade lighting up when power is connected, the LED switch lighting up and turning itself on/off when connected, etc. This is just in case I run into problems, I'll know where the problem will be clearly.

I understand that momentary switches don't work unless there's a board, but I'm not finishing the saber without a board anyway. I assume that for testing purposes I can wire a momentary switch and just hold the button in to see if the pretty light actually lights up. I also know a specific resistor is needed.

However, I'm confused about the AV LED button wiring. I just want the LED to be 100% on when the blade is on, and off when the blade is off even without a kill switch inserted.

Question 1: As I understand it, PC regulates the resistance going to the LEDs, but would it hurt if I kept the resistors in place from when I just test it with the battery? I'm inclined to just keep the resistors in place to safeguard the LEDs.

Question 2: Does the Anti-Vandal Short Momentary-Blue-Ring-Switch-P616.aspx fit on the Activation box, style 13?

Question 3: If so, the diagram on the short switch's page is unclear to me. Is there a switch+ and switch- labelled with the LED+ and LED-?

Question 4: How would I wire the short AV switch?

Question 5: If I have to go with the long AV switch, do I wire it like this:
NO1 to LED+
NO2 to blade+/PC Board Switch return pad
C1 to Battery+/PC Board Activation Switch pad
LED- to resistor to Battery-/PC Board-

Question 6: If wired as previously stated, are there any PC configuration settings that I need to reconfigure from the default settings to get the desired functionality, or should I wire differently that stated in step 5 so no default settings bite me?

Any insight is appreciated!