Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tri-rebs vs Cree

So based on what I have been reading, the Tri Cree seems like the top of the line (not sure if that is an appropriate description) for brightness and functionality? If so, of the ones depicted in the store (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bl...ova-P1013.aspx), which is the recommended for that eye catching royal or cerulean blue?

I think the components I have spent the most time trying to figure out are which LED and sound board to use and I'm still not sure I have any better handle on it. The Petit Crouton and the Prizm Module look basically the same to me. What am I not seeing?

"Mongo good at turn light switch on and off"
    Last edited by Thanantos; 02-26-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanantos

"Mongo like shiny lights."

The Petit Crouton has an LED driver for LED channel 1 and runs on a 7.4v li-ion pack. The Prizm has no LED driver, and runs on a single 3.7v li-ion battery.

Those are the big differences.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I have read quite a bit about color mixing, but I think I missed where the specs talk about this. Did I miss the thread somewhere?

Thanantos

Quote Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
    I have read quite a bit about color mixing, but I think I missed where the specs talk about this. Did I miss the thread somewhere?
    Huh? There are many threads about color mixing. I'm not sure what you mean by "the specs talking about this". If you use a tri- whatever and the appropriate board, you can have color mixing, the manual for the various boards go over the specifics.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So, poorly phrased question on my part. I think what I was trying to ask was which sound module is the best (versatility, features, color mixing, etc.). Which is also probably like asking which is the best car manufacturer, of course it depends on what you want.

After I had posted the original question, I was able to stumble on a key word search that led me to Erv's CF threads. So many choices from great people here and there with good products and great reviews. So my questions are really about products and which direction to go, but also trying to be respectful at the same time to Tim's business, which led to the vague question. So far I am definitely buying at least 80% of what I need for my build from TSSS since it looks the best to me and fits with my build ideas.

However, the knuckle dragger that I am in electronics, I am finding the learning curve steep re the technical product details to make the informed decision. I am also not looking for someone to "make the decision for me", just to better understand so I can decide and make an "informed decision". I guess that is the noob process. I hope that makes more sense and apologies for any faux pas. I am just grateful for the feedback and assistance I have already received here.

Thanantos

It seems the overwhelming response is that Cree leds are better, hands down.
    I'm thinking of upgrading my sound board sabers to Crees (1 PC, 2 NB). But, just out of curiosity, has anyone done a side by side comparison? And if so, can you post pics?
    It'll just be nice to see the difference between the Cree and rebels so I can convince myself to do this upgrade.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Awesome, thank you for the feedback!

Thanantos