Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri-rebs vs Cree

Default Tri-rebs vs Cree

Hey hey. I noticed these new crees since the last time I visited the shop and they seem to perform a bit better than the standard rebels. But how might those with experience with these crees say they hold up against the tri-reb? Let's say a royal blue cree versus a royal blue tri reb wired in parallel? At least as far as brightness goes?

Crees are brighter, hence the transition.

On a single die basis, the Crees are brighter. Comparing a Tri-Rebel to a single die Cree? The Tri-Rebel will *probably* win in terms of brightness. You can overdrive the Crees a lot on the new pads, so that might not be true if overdriving is involved.

Multi-die Crees are on the way. Patience is a virtue.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    On a single die basis, the Crees are brighter. Comparing a Tri-Rebel to a single die Cree? The Tri-Rebel will *probably* win in terms of brightness. You can overdrive the Crees a lot on the new pads, so that might not be true if overdriving is involved.

Multi-die Crees are on the way. Patience is a virtue.
    If single die brightness of these new Crees actually stacks up to a Tri-rebel then I might have to buy a bucket load of the new Tri-crees when they become available to upgrade all of my sabers! I'm looking forward to some pics and videos as people start putting these new parts into service.

Tri Crees aren't "new", per se, they have been around for a little while, it's just that their use wasn't that commonly known. It'll be the first time they will be carried in the store. Many Sabersmiths have known about, and currently use them. I've played with one, and will be using them for my next "bunch" of sabers.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Tri Crees aren't "new", per se, they have been around for a little while, it's just that their use wasn't that commonly known. It'll be the first time they will be carried in the store. Many Sabersmiths have known about, and currently use them. I've played with one, and will be using them for my next "bunch" of sabers.
    True enough. I've looked at them elsewhere, but never got around to ordering one for experimentation. It'll be nice to have a reliable and trusted source for XP-E2 LEDs right here at TCSS.

Will we also move to tri-cree's?

Quote Originally Posted by setelf3of5 View Post
    Will we also move to tri-cree's?
    As I've said elsewhere, it is in the works.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks FJK, I hadn't caught up on all my previous mail yesterday. I responded here first, and found your responce to that elsewhere after. Thanks for replying here as well.

I heard that the brightest you can get is the Tri CREE XPE-2s
    Perfection or nothing.