Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My First Saber Double Edge Detachable Durable

A single 18650 lithium-ion battery is ideal for powering the NB. It's the most compact, rechargeable, has the proper voltage, and has the best runtime on a single charge.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

A NB won't give you color changing ability past one color or a second color (example: red/blue or blue/red). For full spectrum color changing you would need something like the Prizm ($115.) which would be half of your budget right there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    A NB won't give you color changing ability past one color or a second color (example: red/blue or blue/red). For full spectrum color changing you would need something like the Prizm ($115.) which would be half of your budget right there.
    so the lithium battery will cost me $60 here for two + a charger

if i'm using a prizm which Luxeon star will i require to get full functionality? i'm afraid i really am noob when it comes to LED lighting and how it works.
    is there a way to have multicolors without a sound board?

if there's a way to use a toy sound card but still have color changing blade i'm down with that since there isn't a huge star wars cult in my area, i just want my dual blade to flash colors and look cool it doesn't need to have super quality sound. in fact i wont be using sound 90% of the time. i'm not super fussed about clashes.
    . seems like the only option. keeping in mind i always had the intention to make sound switches independent to LED switches. if i have to use color inserts i'm fine with that, heck id even throw away all this if i could just have UV but it would be damn nice to have both since UV's are actually extremely small in comparison i don't yet see why i couldn't mount both.

lets say hypothetically i have two V2 PC's one per blade. my colours were red and green and inside there was also a UV LED with a dedicated switch. thats my budget done with blades included. both have the suggested Li-ion 18650.
    possible/unpossible?

i think i could live with that.
    Last edited by Jedi Madoc Mo'gu Red-Moon; 12-10-2014 at 12:01 AM.

so if i order the biscotti. it holds two font presets and i can switch the color using those fonts?

so which luxeon rebel will i need to do that with?

If your budget is really tight and you don't care about sound quality, you could try to see if you can get an Ultracheap sound board (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...eap-Soundboard). The board already has separate buttons for sound and LED control. You might be able to rig something if you don't mind a lot of hacking, which I'm starting to think you don't.

The Prizm or NB borads will be waaaaay better in just about every way, though. If you can afford it, get one of those.
    Last edited by JakeSoft; 12-10-2014 at 08:41 AM.

thanks for that link jake it was pleasantly informative. ill post an image of the sound board i have as soon as i rip it out of this cosplay mech-man mask i have. it seems it should do the trick but atm im looking at ordering two biscotti for the sake of doing it right however. if what youre saying is, i can have better light variety without having to overspend on sound. then im all for that.

to me the visual experience is more important.