Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC3.5 wiring with MHS wiring parts

Default PC3.5 wiring with MHS wiring parts

Forgive my ignorance, as I've been trying to figure this out all night.

I have a PC3.5 (just got it today) that I am trying to wire up. I'm staring at wiring diagrams, and I thought it was all wired up good. I go to fire up the saber and nothing happens.

I'm using the MWS wired recharge port and MWS wired momentary switch.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...ckel-P878.aspx
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...Port-P877.aspx

I have the switch wired to the ground and activation pads and the LED ring ran to the accent LED

My recharge port is connected to the power pads and to the battery pack

LED is connected to the LED pads.

Any suggestions?

Pictures???
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'll post some in a minute. I was getting a fast flashing LED ring for a couple seconds. Now it's just dead. I wired the LED to the AUX switch pad to see if it made a difference. I got the same result.
    Last edited by Rich; 12-08-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Well, I have no idea what you could be connecting the switch LED to. Also a picture with everything connected (or connections scotch taped together for a pic) would be nice.

I also don't see an Aux switch anywhere.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

The yellow JST shouldn't be connected. The wires you have them connected to are meant for the Aux switch. Otherwise everything looks ok.

You may want to check the configuration files and make sure that the switch setting is set to "2", and check any override configuration files as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Tried it without the yellow JST and nothing. Tried hard wiring everything by cutting off the JST connectors and connecting them together and there's nothing. I also checked it with a latching switch instead of a momentary and got nothing. I think I got a brick.
    I checked all the settings on the SD card, too.

Did you charge the battery?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Completely charged.