Thread: 1st lightsaber project [sink tube]

Default 1st lightsaber project [sink tube]

Hi everyone!
    After a very long time I finally can post some pics.
    Reminder: I'm a total noob; not a crafter at all and this is the first lightsaber I try to build. I want just to share an idea, this forum gave me so much I feel the need to "contribute", if possible.

The saber is really a low-budget one and it's far from complete, but I had this idea for an obi-wan style emitter: just a lamp holder, E27 (european standard); inner section is 25mm (easy to drill for fitting the blade diameter). Price: 2 euros (Italy here).

emitter1jpeg.jpg

(Sorry for the pic quality, it's shot by a phone)
    The other pieces are immediatly recognizable: basic sink tubes.

I think I'll try to work the emitter with a dremel to minimize the "screw effect", but this is another story....

Thanks for suggestions and opinions, and... may the Force be with You!

There's nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned hardware saber. Many of us built those as our first sabers, especially when we were younger.

As your skills increase, feel free to update that first saber with lights and/or sounds.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent
    There's nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned hardware saber. Many of us built those as our first sabers, especially when we were younger.
    Lol I'm 42! Maybe I'll acquire some extra skills in my 70!

Actually the saber will have light and sound... I've a Mr soundcard and I hope to be able to set up a led string blade.
    Time... The time is always a problem!