Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buying/making a charger

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    Hmmmm?
    Let's just say I'm not a fan, and that isn't anyone I would EVER recommend emulating. But that is just my opinion as an established community elder.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ah right. I've never spoken to him personally, just seen a few of the threads he wrote.

I'll see what I can do with these batteries. I ordered a 4A buck to go with them, would it still work if I powered it with four cells rather than eight? I could just make them up into two separate packs and change them when one runs down.

BuckPucks need over 5V to properly power them. You would have to check the specs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Hi Ursa,

Have you checked this thread? It is LED string and I think Obi1 only used ~84 LEDs.

Just from the pics, I think he has a space-friendly solution to battery/power question.

Cheers and good luck on your project!

Hi Daisan,

I had as it happens, I've been lurking around for a while. Hadn't noticed the number of LEDs he used though, if it turns out to be less than I thought then that would definitely make powering it alot easier.

Which is why I questioned the number of LEDs you planned join using (plus your blade length was really long). Generally speaking the number of LEDs is around 84 in a string blade.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Well the first thing I'm building is the LED string, so I'll see how it goes. If it turns out to be less LEDs I certainly won't complain.

Back on topic, is canabalising the innards of one of those chargers a sensible thing to do for charging a battery pack? Or is that an excercise in stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    Well the first thing I'm building is the LED string, so I'll see how it goes. If it turns out to be less LEDs I certainly won't complain.

Back on topic, is canabalising the innards of one of those chargers a sensible thing to do for charging a battery pack? Or is that an excercise in stupidity?
    An exercise in stupidity.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines