Thread: Saber charging stand. Picture included.

Default Saber charging stand. Picture included.

I made this a while back after finishing my saber. I suppose it could be done with or without the charger.
    Parts I used were:

An old lamp base that I took apart, I think I got it from Target. It was a long time ago but I am pretty sure they still make them. Like 10-15 dollars.
    Sink tube 1.5 inch diameter from Home Depot. Cut with Dremel.
    Rubber washer 1.5 inches outer diameter and, I don't know, whatever diameter the charge ports are, in the middle.
    Felt from Michael's to replace under the base.
    Gorilla Glue (to keep the weight inside the base after taking the screws out, I would really load it in there and leave it for a day or two)
    Krazy Glue (everything else, including keeping the sink tube on top of the base)
    Also put two little strips of felt on the inside of the sink tube, they don't go all the way around because the hilt wouldn't fit in that way.

I should take some more pictures and post them, for now I just have it with the saber in place.

IMG_20141201_222528078.jpg

Very cool! I've been wondering if anyone has done a charging stand/station for a saber, and lo and behold here it is. So the recharge port is in the pommel? This would be a great way to display the saber as well.

Yeah, this is my first and only saber, so far. I had planned on putting the recharge port next to the switch, but then I had this idea so I ordered the appropriate pommel insert and I just keep the kill key in a disconnected recharge port in the switchbox. I had to be a little crafty with the duck tape around the charger plug so that it would fit in the hole in the base, then I super-glued it. Originally I thought that would be it, but to make it more stable in place I added the sink tube.

Again, I will take more pictures tonight when I get home. I am really happy with how it came out, and not too much work.

IMG_20141203_180950.jpg

How it looks without the saber

Great idea and execution. Very innovative, I like it!
    Developer/Creator of Igniter(tm)
    Site is in my profile!

Ah I see! Good build, savvy duck tape skills too. I'm eager to try this idea out. Nice saber design too, by the way, I really like the blended graflex/ROTJ feel of it.

That looks cool! Another possibility is to add the charger connector to the bottom part of this holder from Thinkgeek.com:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e03d/?srp=13