Thread: Battery Leak

Default Battery Leak

My friend has an MR that had a battery leak...
    He says the electronics are a no go....

I told him I wasn't sure If I could help him.

Do you think any of these electronics could work?

I make sure that if I'm not using mine for a few days I take the batteries out to avoid this.

It really depends on how bad the leak was.
    I have a MR Mace Windu, that had the batteries leak, but it was pretty much contained within the "battery pack" location, and with a bit of diligence (wipes, a small "eyeglasses" flat-head screwdriver, and a bit of elbow grease and patience) I was able to clean it up, let it dry, and it works fine now. NOW I do check often, just in case!

Thanks, is there anything in particular that you had to make sure to clean?

Otherwise I could strip the hilt and just put some custom parts in it .

I used Clorox wipes, as they helped break up the "crusties" that were left behind after the batteries leaked.
    I was a bit leery, as I wasn't sure if I was mixing chemicals (from the battery and the wipes) that didn't get along.
    I didn't experience any issues, but for safety's sake, don't do this in a small enclosed space with no ventilation.
    I also had rubber gloves (from my first aid kit) on so I wouldn't be absorbing anything icky (never can be too cautious).
    I also did a REALLY good job, and made sure there was nothing left, even on the springs.

You don't have much to loose by trying! If it doesn't work, UPGRADE TIME!

I find vinegar cleans battery crust pretty well.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!