Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Orange Blade Color

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    Thank you, sir. I actually used the exact LED you described - a RAW (red-amber-white). If you want, I can hook it back up and get some pics and a video for you. And before you say anything, no it's not an inconvenience. I make the offer because I don't have a thread here in which I used it.

EDIT:
    Too late, already did both.

Red-Amber-White LED here. RA wired in parallel, both have dice each have a 2W 2 ohm resistor, and runs perfectly fine on a Nano Biscotte V1 and V2 (I've used it with both. Also used it with a PCv3 wired in series to the same exact effect). The orange glow is exactly how the blade looks in person. Watch the video, stare at my bathroom tile, and that's the colour of the blade. Or go to a store and look at a bottle of Sunkist; same exact colour. I hope this helps!
    WOW. Thanks, that was AWESOME. (That bathroom reminds me of an apartment I rented MANY moon ago, with the white tile and all)
    I see how you can describe the color as "Sunkist". I wonder if there are any other beverages used as color descriptors... "I have a Mountain Dew Blade"...
    I think that "kind of orange" would work well for the build, as I have some parts PC'd (and accented) with the Jollipop Copper Orange.
    As for that saber, isn't that your "Absolute Zero" saber? I thought that had a white blade. Do you build your sabers with easy LED Swap-ability?

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    WOW. Thanks, that was AWESOME. (That bathroom reminds me of an apartment I rented MANY moon ago, with the white tile and all)
    I see how you can describe the color as "Sunkist". I wonder if there are any other beverages used as color descriptors... "I have a Mountain Dew Blade"...
    I think that "kind of orange" would work well for the build, as I have some parts PC'd (and accented) with the Jollipop Copper Orange.
    As for that saber, isn't that your "Absolute Zero" saber? I thought that had a white blade. Do you build your sabers with easy LED Swap-ability?
    I had been drinking Sunkist earlier in the day and then I compared the colours and thought "huh. My lightsaber blade is a soda."
    Yes, that's Absolute Zero. It had a white/blue blade but I rewired my orange LED for this thread. I swapped it back to a normal blue blade afterword.

To answer your second question, I use JST connectors for everything. They make life MUCH easier, especially because I swap out blade LEDs frequently (I've also been known to gut my sabers frequently. One day it'll be a stunt, then it'll have sound, then it'll be a stunt again... I can never make up my mind. JSTs make that super easy to do.). It also helps that I don't ever have to stuff much into a saber - typically a Nano Biscotte, the one battery, a speaker, a recharge port, and a short AV switch. Plenty of room for all that in a Main Body piece. Just some food for thought.