Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Episode 7 Lightsaber

Looks like Stephen Colbert has a good explanation on how the new saber could work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlvatkLU0U

maybe the side blades could be an LED chain, like the M&M sabers.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Exactly. ( check my demo from the previous post). I made a slight delay in the program for the second channel ( custom board) for the init. But similar delay for the crystal focus ( rest of the boards) can be achieved with simple 555 timer.
    The hard thing for now is to make T-shaped pipe. I am not good with lathe and probably the emitter will not be one piece but more of a 2 side additions to the main pipe. From the zoom of the hilt, it looks rather weathered or oxidized ( fake spoilers claim it is a junk saber) which will be really easy to make when we have more detailed picture of the exact shape.
    As a saber comunity i suggest we vote for unified term of those "thingies"- side-vents/ cross-guard/ handle spikes/ cigar-lighters/etc.

Haha! Stephen Colbert Has it all figured out. I appreciate his comic relief on the subject. And yes indeed, I'm also operating under the assumption that this poor bloke is just lost in the woods with a fancy flair. XD

Spoiler alert. Do not read what I have to say if you don't want to know about the film

From what I have seen online, the reason the blade is not a traditional looking blade is because the sith that is using it was not trained in the jedi arts. From what I have read the sith was a rebel fighter pilot that was fascinated with all things sith. He collects artifacts from around he galaxy. His first saber, we see in the teaser is being deferred to as a junk saber being built prior to any training. He later meets a true sith lord later in the film and is trained and builds an new saber. As far as the "hand guards" go, what I can find on them is they are possibly a blaster of some sort. I dont think that will be the case but time will tell. I also think nothing is set in stone, so maybe JJ will change a few things with it prior to the full trailer coming out in May.

This is all rummer, nothing confirmed just what I found in spoilers.

Checkout my new "crossguards" , I actually enjoyed it
    http://youtu.be/fv3aZ9ri30E

i personally don't like the idea of it. i like to stick with a normal single blade. that guy is going to lose his fingers or his hand! but it still looks ok