Thread: You guys might find this funny...

Default You guys might find this funny...

Hey guys,

So I was wiring up a soundboard and I accidentally killed the speaker by over soldering it. I've got a new one on the way but in the meantime I'm rockin' this toy speaker/dixie cup setup. It's actually pretty loud. I've been experimenting with ways to crank up the bass on this bad boy by using bits of paper and whatnot. If anyone has ideas on how I can get this thing bumpin' I'm all ears.

Photo Nov 25, 11 47 19 PM.jpgPhoto Nov 25, 11 46 42 PM.jpg

ouch, i've done that to speakers before and it's no fun. hey if the setup works then roll with it. If you have any type of plastic sleeve or tube you might could get around the speaker, that may focus the sound a bit better than the paper you're using. perhaps you could do a construction paper thing or something a bit more firm than what kind of paper that seems to be there. depending on how much space you have between the speaker and the end of the saber you might put a rubber ring on the inside of the hilt to hold the speaker in place and block some of the sound energy from running up into the hilt where it's not needed. brain was wanting to go on auto pilot as I wrote this but that's just some of the things I thought of spitballing
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.