Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nano biscotte v1 led resistor

Default nano biscotte v1 led resistor

Hey every one, i have a quick question im having trouble answering my self by searching the forums and google. I want to hook up my ledengin dental blue 5w to a nano biscotte v1. Do i need a resistor to the led if i am using a 3400mah 3.7v 18650 battery?

Yes, it's highly recommended.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you. What resistor would you recomend if i want to run the led at 1500 ma ?the board puts out 2000ma if im not mistaken so would i need to do olms law to figure what resistor i need?

Yes, you would need to use Ohm's Law. I wrote a tutorial on that and it's floating around here... somewhere..
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Sweet i found the thread thank you!

As FJK, and SS always say: Ohm's law learn it, and it will be your friend. I would only add, don't learn it and you will be spending more money on parts.

Don't forget SS has a resistor Calculator in his signature.

I do. The one in my signature rounds up to the next standard resistor value, even if you could get by with a slightly smaller one. Using Ohm's Law is the best way to get your resistor value, but a calculator is nice to double-check your work.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

LED calculator: current limiting resistor value
    Source voltage 3.7
    diode forward voltage 3.7
    diode forward current (mA) 1500

The wizard recommends a 2.3 Watt capable or greater 1 ohm resistor. The color code for 1 ohms is brown black gold.
    series connection diagram

would this be the correct resistor ?
    Last edited by theredeyejedi; 11-27-2014 at 08:13 AM.