Thread: Replacement Clash sensor question

Default Replacement Clash sensor question

I recently bought a replacement clash sensor to go on my MR Vader soundboard, I installed it and the saber sound and light works, but the clash sensor doesn't work.
    I know why, the small wire the that comes from it was snapped off when I was trying to move the sound board inside the hilt. I had soldered the positive wire onto that small wire and the negative on the big wire.

See pic here:http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cl...020P-P485.aspx

I know that a - and + lead are both supposed to be connected, but how exactly? I have searched around the net and these forums and haven't found an answer.
    This may be a dumb mistake, but without a schematic on how to hook this up, how am I supposed to know?

AFAIK, the big wire goes to GND inside the blade and the thinner wire goes to the impact solder point also inside the blade. Impact has internally a weak pull up to Vcc, upon impact the clash sensor will short the impact Signal to GND, overpowering so to say the weak pull up, and the board will sense a high2low transition which it interprets as a clash.
    I'm not sure how to wire it inside the hilt, although I guess the same way: big wire to GND and thin to impact signal.

Okay I'm not sure what GND or Vcc are, but that sounds like it makes sense, I installed this according to how it is supposed to be installed in the forums, but I think possibly breaking the small wire screwed me over for this to be functional.
    -Dan

The small wire is essential as it is actually part of the small spring found inside the sensor. Vcc is the positive for the board, gnd is the ground, or negative. To wire it to the board, you need to either solder words to it, or solder of directly to the board. I thinly I had a topic around here somewhere where I showed a way to remove the boards wiring header and solder the sensor.directly on the pads of the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah, I followed the diagrams for the MR boards that were posted, I will look for that thread about attaching it directly to the board, that would be really helpful.
    I mean right now the motion sensor is attached and it still works well, but no clash at all .