Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Jedi View Post
Yes Tinley Park IL why are you from Tinley?
I'm in Chicago proper, but FAR South Side. Tinley Park is close enough, and not to far of a drive down I80!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Jedi View Post
I always wondered what would be the best basic saber for a 5'8 150pound female that is a huge Star Wars fan ?
Like FJK said, TCSS is "build your own". So whatever you want (and can afford, and assemble)!
For reference, the Master Replica, and Hasbro Replicas (the $125-$150) "fancy toys" based off the movie sabers, typically are just over 11" in hilt length, and are in the 30-odd inch blade length. The "newer" models of those have "removable blade" options so you wear them as well.
Any of the "toys" are NOT "combat ready" and will likely break the led's in the blade under anything more then light goofing around (DO NOT assume children know how to pull their "punches", or you will be out a working saber, trust me!)
BUT, if you have messed around with the MR's and Hasbro's, you got an idea of what size may be for you.

The cool thing about this store is, there a lot of parts in which you can use to make sabers similar to the movie ones, OR something completely unique and your own.
If you are interested in doing your own, and sourcing all your parts from here (Hilt Parts, LED, Blade, Battery, Soundcard, etc) it will be more expensive then the toys, BUT way more robust! There are also other material possibilities, (Sink Tube or PVC for the hilt, canabalizing toy sound cards for the sound, etc) that turn out just as cool as full MHS sabers, but will generally cost less.

Look around through the galleries, and pop back to the forums for others posting pics of their completed sabers, and you will see the possibilities!