Thread: NBv2 recharge port issue

Default NBv2 recharge port issue

Just had my 3rd duel with this saber. It's my friends saber. And now when I put the kill key in the light on the switch stays on.

However I can not power up the saber with the kill key in. I also noticed if I push the switch while the kill key is in then pull the kill key out I get a boot sound other wise I do not get a boot sound when I pull the kill key.

If the kill key is out and I push the switch the saber functions normally on off clash ect.

This is a prewired recharge port thought?
    I can light a small city with my board

Sounds like the sound board is getting partial current, either because the recharge port switch isn't fully disengaging, or some part of the wire or solder is making a connection inside the hilt - could be that things shifted in there - I'd put some hot glue or liquid tape on any exposed wire or solder that could make contact with the interior, and then test.

Ok I'll check for exposed wire but I pretty sure isn't any we used the NBv2 wiring harness . Just to throw that out there

Edit: ah just took the chassis out and now there's no problems something must be touching

Fixed: I moved some stuff around and everything is working properly again. However I noticed The pronges on the harness that go through the sound board were poking into the battery a little bit. I guess I should have clipped those ?
    Last edited by Star Bird; 11-23-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    I can light a small city with my board

either clip them, or put something in between the board and battery to isolate the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.