Thread: Sith Sorcerer 2

Default Sith Sorcerer 2

Ok, the rebuild is complete.
    I used all new materials, and upgraded the soundcard and emitter - this one uses a Spark board and a Z6 LED, which is rather bright, even in daylight. I added a crystal chamber and a few other features which I'm unfortunately unable to show due to the terrible quality of my camera. When I get ahold of a camera that can capture detail and deal with light, I will update this photo with something that will actually show the work properly. Actually, a video would be better, since I've added a few sounds.
    There is very, very little space inside these horns, so it was a major exercise in cram-fu, otherwise it would have been done a while ago. At any rate, here it is:

**I updated the photo and added a video demo. The sun was shining in the room during this, and it helped the image not get blown out. Sorry for the contrast, this was these settings were necessary**

ss.jpg

This is two pics merged - one with full flash, and one without. Even under a flash, the Z6 is still showing up
    blade.jpg
    Last edited by Hellgeist; 06-15-2023 at 10:01 PM. Reason: updated photo, added video

Looks like a great deal of work went into this...it is very creative. When using natural objects like horn, or wood, or bone to incorporate them into a build and get it to look like it works is not an easy job. Besides using MHS parts is easy when they all match and can screw together. Nice Job!

An amazing work!!! Actually even a glimpse of the crystal chamber is possible, I guess that is located in the choke section under the hole. Do you use a purple blade color for this saber? Would definitely look at the video you make!

Awesome work! Good use of different materials - very Sithy!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Oooh, this thing is vile and I like it. Definitely need more pics and a video of this one.

Very cool. Can I ask how you aged the aluminum parts? They look great, very ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago.jedi View Post
    Very cool. Can I ask how you aged the aluminum parts? They look great, very ancient.
    Thanks for the comments folks. The aluminum was aged with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgeist View Post
    Thanks for the comments folks. The aluminum was aged with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black
    That was what I suspected it was. I have had mixed results with that product but it looks like you nailed it.

Nice! Would love to see build pics for this. I need to track down some more aluminum black. I love that stuff.