Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First real setback...

Default First real setback...

So while I was soldering my connection to the tri rebel my wife decided to run into my helping hands and the wire ripped the solder pad right off the tri rebel... And there's no more RRW in stock...

so... is this the point where I make a wife joke?

Hopefully Tim will have them back in stock soon.

Wife joke...

What, too soon?
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Looks like I have a tri rebel I can use as a test piece I guess. I soldered a joint to run them in serial that I can remove. I'm going to put my Electronic Principles training to the ultimate test and show the military they didn't waste money on me. LOL.

On a brighter (pun) note, I ordered a custom board with the same dimensions in DR/DR/W to see if I can run that. It's still a luxeon tri rebel, but it's on a SinkPad-II. The optics from TCSS will still work on it. I'll get it next week.

My new tri rebels are in. I bridged the 2 red LEDs to run in series and have the white LED for FoC still open for now. I connected them to a 700mAh buckpuck and my LiPo batteries and the 2 red LEDs lit up like the sun. I was staring directly at them unfiltered when it happened... Definitely blinding.

Ouch, Safety first!! Having a lighted saber is nice...but not being able to see it isn't. Glad you didn't do any real damage to your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by setelf3of5 View Post
    Ouch, Safety first!! Having a lighted saber is nice...but not being able to see it isn't. Glad you didn't do any real damage to your eyes.
    True. It was definitely upsetting and joyful at the same time. Upsetting that even though it was aimed away from me and blinded me, joyful that it worked and was bright enough to blind me while facing away from me...

Yes accidents happen, Glad you have a bright saber, and are able to see and enjoy it still.

You'll have to post some pics once you get the build done. glad your eyes are alright after that. blinded myself once or twice as well working on a saber from one thing or another. also why I started wearing safety glasses/goggles when working on them XD. good luck with the build.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.