Thread: Speaker Mount v6 question

Default Speaker Mount v6 question

Hi I am having a few difficulties understanding the placement of the speaker mount v6. Where does it sit exactly?

Does it stretch from the Pommel up into the Main body?

1.jpg

Or is it from the bottom of the main body and further up into the main body?

2.jpg

Also, regardless of which it is, it seems like my recharge port is in the way. If the speaker mount is only inside the main body, would you suggest having the recharge port at the bottom of the Pommel, say using MPS Insert style 6, or would you use something like Activation box style 9 and move the port up below the Switch? Since I am currently using the short switch, would that mean I need to now I need to use the regular size switch (for the activation box)?

Sorry if i am asking too many questions, I just want to get it right before i make my first purchase

FYI:
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 17
    MPS Pommel style 8
    MHS choke style 1 short
    Hilt style 3 recessed hole

The lip on the speaker mount will be kept between the pommel and the body, so your second image is the correct one.

As far as the recharge port, either option you suggested will work, though Insert Style 6 will require you to do some extra work to create a path around the speaker mount lip for the wires to the recharge port.

The short 16mm switch will work fine in any of the AV switch boxes, including style 9. You won't want the recessed hole in the body when using one of these boxes though.

Thank you for your quick reply. As for the extra work, is there a way to shimmy the wire around the speaker mount or would I have to drill a hole in the mount and feed the wire through it?

If I were you I would skip the recharge port and insert the 18650 battery holder that the V6 was made for;

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18...lder-P886.aspx

Then you could easily replace a dead battery rather than recharge.