Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question on Makoto Sabers

so then when using li-ion packs, would using an appropriate resistor essentially work just as well as a buckpuck?

To review, if you are using sound cards, using a buckpucks are a no-no. The resistors will help you to not blow out your LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I am thinking of using this wiring skematic in my saber http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...4&d=1411406136 the alterations being a tri rebel and adding FOC. The question I have is concerning the light up AV switch which they power by splicing into the main led power (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...1&d=1411319073) with the main led and the switch sharing current like this does it affect which resistor each led will need? or do I still calculate them normally? Thank you for all the information you guys I'm sure it can be tedious but it's appreciated
    Last edited by DarkMessiah; 11-18-2014 at 03:22 PM.

In that particular diagram, they wanted to have the switch LED coming on when they turn the saber on. There is a 3.3V pad you can attach the switch LED to if you want it to light up BEFORE turning the saber on.

IF you use the diagram above, you would calculate the resistors "normally".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

If I did want it to light up with the blade though would the shared current affect resistor calculation?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMessiah View Post
    If I did want it to light up with the blade though would the shared current affect resistor calculation?
    No, it wouldn't.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Thank you (:

Sorry for returning to the original topic (I hope I do not violate forum rules by doing so), maybe it's only me too naive, but I always though Makoto Sabers are the ones done by Makoto (a real artist, BTW), with Special LED's to make them the most bright in the known Universe, etc.
    So now I see v3...? What is that? Does it refer to a LED type he uses? Actually, does anybody know where he gets his LEDs from? Since I have a strong liking to LED string blades, I would be interested to hear more about this topic.

The v3 is Makotos current standard blade or "real duel saber" it has one string of LEDs in the blade as opposed to the v3 plus which has two or the v4 which has four strings. Makoto recommends the V3 for dueling

And no I don't know where he gets his LEDs though I will say he changes which LED he uses when ever he finds better/stronger LEDs