Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade Holder Question

Default Blade Holder Question

My wife gave me the OK to build my son a saber for his Christmas present from us.

I'm trying to choose the blade holder, and there are 3 styles that have a "ring of holes" at the business end of the holder.
    In some cases (in the galleries on the forums) I've seen those holes let light from the blade through, but in the product pictures the holes look like they don't reach the blade opening.
    (As an example, some of the pics are prototype based, like the Double male with slots style 2 is REALLY NOT gold colored...)

SO, does anyone intimately familiar with the shop & products know if the following Blade Holders come with the "Ring of Holes" drilled so the light can shine through, by DEFAULT (or is that a custom request for Tim?)
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 8
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 16
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 24

THANKS!

Unfortunately, none of those blade holders let light through those holes. They are just meant to be aesthetic/decorative. The BH's that allow light to shine through would be styles like #19 and #22
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Those three blade holders do allow limited light through the holes. The pictures are outdated. Those three blade holders now have a groove machined inside the blade bore at the bottom depth of the holes. I haven't actually used any of them myself so I am not sure exactly how much light they let shine through, but I do know they have the groove now.

I think it would be a custom work with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    Those three blade holders do allow limited light through the holes. The pictures are outdated. Those three blade holders now have a groove machined inside the blade bore at the bottom depth of the holes. I haven't actually used any of them myself so I am not sure exactly how much light they let shine through, but I do know they have the groove now.
    Thanks, I thought I read that somewhere, but I couldn't find it again.
    I wouldn't need the light to be blinding (comming out of those holes), I just think my kid would like something different and unique compared to the MR & Hasbro sabers we own. Something that is just "his".
    So far, the wife approves the of the current design.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    That's correct. I have both Blade Holders 16 and 24 and can confirm that they do let a good amount of light shine through. It looks especially nice with a TCSS blade plug since the polycarb material is on the outside, allowing the light to pass through it and the grooved ring.

With a blade inserted, you won't notice too much of the shine-through since the brightness of the blade outdoes it (and it's hard to look straight at the BH without poking your eye anyway ).
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I have used BH 24 and can confirm light does escape the holes:
    S3 - 6 Angle On.jpg

Here is a picture showing the Groove that acerocket mentioned, which allows the light through (though because of the adapter I used to utilize Fiber-optic for my whip-blade, light is not allowed to reach the groove in order to pass through the holes in my build):
    S3 - 9 Blade 3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    I have used BH 24 and can confirm light does escape the holes:
    S3 - 6 Angle On.jpg
    Hey, this is actually one of the pic's I saw before but couldn't find again!

Thank you all!
    The order (with BH24) has been placed. Now it's the hard part. The wait.....

The wait may be difficult, perhaps even just a little painful... But oh so worth it in the end when the package is delivered and you can start the assembly.

Nice design, can't wait to see the final product. Allons-y!

Do you hear that?
    That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinMill View Post
    The wait may be difficult, perhaps even just a little painful... But oh so worth it in the end when the package is delivered and you can start the assembly.
    I'm ok with the wait. Powder Coating & Switch Hole & Tap services and all.
    I've purchased parts form here before, and I'm incredibly impressed with the quality of the MHS parts. I wouldn't trade quick for quality!
    My only hope, is that I get the parts BEFORE Christmas! (I ordered on Nov 18th, after PC was again available)