Thread: Dark Jedi Parts List

Default Dark Jedi Parts List

Hey all, This is my parts list for my soon to be saber. Everything will be JST clipped. Let me know if im missing anything:

Body:
    v1 Hilt Style 4
    v1 Blade Holder Style 23
    v1 Pommel Style 4
    Activation Box 14

Electronics:
    Luxeon Tri-Rebel R/G/B
    MHS Heatsink v3
    18 deg Lens
    Thermal Tape
    3.7v Li-ion 3400mAh 18650 Batt Pack
    PC Prizm Sound Board v3.5
    PC Prizm v3.5 SD card
    Premium Speaker

Switches:
    16mm AV Latching Orange Dot
    16mm AV Momentary Orange ring

Plugs:
    MWS 2.1mm Power Jack
    3.5mm R.I.C.E. Port style 2

Resistors:
    2ohm 1 watt
    .47ohm .5 watt x2
    20mA Dynaohm Variable x2

Misc:
    Kill Plug Style 5
    Covertec Clip
    MHS Speaker Mount v3

I'm not so sure that all that will fit inside the hilt. Especially with a lot of JST connectors.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Doesn't the Prizm v3.5 come with a microSD card pre-loaded with Light, Grey, and Dark Meat sound fonts? You might not need the extra card.

It may not seem like it, but those JST connectors eat up a lot of space. And from the look of your list you have a pretty short saber in the works. I'd definitely recommend adding some extensions or a choke, or possibly cutting back on your board/electronics intentions (and losing the JSTs). You're basically going to be cramming everything into about 6 inches worth of the hilt. Not that it can't be done with enough skill and patience, but avoid the headache if you can.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Im going to test it out first before I solder anything. I like a good challenge. Based off the info from the forums and the store, I drew up the inner diameter and the took the mesurement's from the board, speaker and JST plug I got for my cheapo PVC im building right now and kinda of diagramed it out. Im fairly certain I could do it but won't know for sure until I have the actual parts in front of me. Im looking to do it this way so when I buy future sabers I can switch the board in and out of the various sabers and save me some money.

And yes the sound boards do come with a card. I just miss read that one. Failbot activate.

Hahaha, I know what you mean. Looking forward to seeing this saber progress