Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Absolute ZERO" by Yoshi-Taka

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarr View Post
    Now I want some milk...
    I swear I've been staring at this post for at least ten minutes trying to figure out what this means and I can honestly say I'm stumped. Soooo... I'll take it as a complement.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoJoe View Post
    Blah blah blah, everything I've said before. Your sabers are awesome. I love your simplicity. Hopefully this move north won't limit your time here, because we will miss you. Hell, I miss you between builds. Excellent work, Ponyboy. You're still gold.
    Thank you as ever, sir. My move will probably limit my contributions to the community because I'm going from "not having a job and doing nothing all day" to "oh god I have a job where is the time going OOOOOHH I CAN AFFORD A CRYSTAL FOCUS!" Still probably won't build a CF saber, though.. unless I learn how to build LED strings.
    And I'll miss you too. Get your butt in gear and finish your saber, man! Vorpan Solus needs a soundboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
    I love the color of the blade, it's very "nordish" and the icicle like protrusions of the blade holder go very well with that color!!! Do you use all the 3 dice of the BBW? Did you order it as a custom die mix?
    "Nordish", eh? I like the sound of that. If I can get some etching work figured out, maybe I'll do a Skyrim crossover..... assuming I can ever get my soundfont to work.

To answer your question, it's a Tri-Rebel BBW that I got from TCSS. I used a combination of resistors to get this colour, which I won't spoil (trade secret, and all. If I gave this away, I'd be giving away my secret to the perfect pink lightsaber blade). Just know that the -white- LED is using the smaller, normal resistor while the -blue- is using what I've dubbed the B.F.R. (big frickin' resistor). It lets the white be the main colour of the blade while the blue acts as an accent colour to it. It's not quite cyan, it's more of a sky blue; "ice blue" as I call it.

Very cool and interesting work with the resistors. Something tells me you will find time to make a few sabers after your move. Even if you don't have your shop tools.

Thank you. I think it turned out rather well. Though knowing me, I'll probably change the blade colour later on (probably to a single-die White for better run times).

Admittedly, I would prefer to keep building. More than likely if I can, I will. They'll just get a bit more expensive (because drill & tap services really add up). I have many, many designs left and a few projects that I absolutely need to complete before retiring, like a CF-LS and staff.

Make sure you share that CF saber with the perfect pink LED string Good luck in your new living place and looking forward to see more great sabers from you!

If I can make a pink LED string working and looking good, you best believe it'll be my absolute final saber. Because seriously, I won't be able to top that.

Thank you for the well wishes. With any luck, I'll be able to do a one-saber-per-year kinda deal going.. minimum..

This is a nice simple, clean design....Good job!

Thank you! Simplicity is my specialty, as it were, and I'm darn good at what I do.

Very cool saber! lol but seriously, I love the simplicity and elegance of the design. The ice-blue blade is very ethereal. Keep those resistor trade secrets!

That's a beautiful saber. The white parts look like milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Robust Stardust View Post
    Very cool saber! lol but seriously, I love the simplicity and elegance of the design. The ice-blue blade is very ethereal. Keep those resistor trade secrets!
    I definitely shall, until I'm ready to reveal my pink blade secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Askew Wai View Post
    That's a beautiful saber. The white parts look like milk.
    It looks just the same in person, I swear.