Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MkVIII

Default MkVIII

Hi all. Its been a while since I was last active on here, so thought it was about time that I gave you a sneak peek of my latest design.

Introducing the MKVIII. All MHS apart from the wood sleeve, which was supplied by the good guys over at Force Relics.

I've still got 1 or 2 things to finish off before I start the electronics, namely to install a covertec button, but she'll eventyally be running a PC 3, with R.I.C.E, and a g,g,w Tri Rebel set up for white FoC, all run off a 14500 Battery Pack set up for internal recharging

So Finally after about 6 years of designing and redesigning I think I've finally got a hilt that I'm happy with.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice. I would upgrade your battery pack though. 14500's aren't going to let you optimally drive that LED nor are they going to last very long.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Nice looking, especially like the wood handle. Cant wait to see all your upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Nice. I would upgrade your battery pack though. 14500's aren't going to let you optimally drive that LED nor are they going to last very long.
    Cheers. Advice is always welcome. Im a little limited for space so was thinking of going for a 2x 14500 rechargeable pack and place it in the 4" section that has the wood sleeve on. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Basie View Post
    Cheers. Advice is always welcome. Im a little limited for space so was thinking of going for a 2x 14500 rechargeable pack and place it in the 4" section that has the wood sleeve on. Any recommendations?
    Planning on using a stick pack? You could use a 2x 18500 stick pack instead. They would be the same length.

Looks great! Nice shroudwork - very clean!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Master

A 2x14670 pack (if you're having to go side by side), would be WAY better. If you can fit a stick pack, a 17500 or 18500 would be prime.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I'm no battery expert but I say 18500 pack. Can't wait to see this one done and lit up. Green is one of my favorite saber blade colors next to blue. =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-