Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First saber with sound

Like all the posts above, I would like to say that it's looking really good. I like its design - really creative. Thanks for posting the pics.

wow this looks cool! great job. im starting my own build too and looking into the RGB multicolour, if its not too personal to ask what did the internals of your build cost you all up?

i like the desing its almost something i would use were i a real jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Madoc Mo'gu Red-Moon View Post
    i like the desing its almost something i would use were i a real jedi.
    I am a real jedi

Anyways:
    PCv3: $130
    CEx: $62
    Premium Speaker: $5
    Battery pack: $16
    12mm AV Switches: $13 (for both)
    Recharge port: $3
    RICE port: $2.50
    Tri Cree LED (not from store): ~$25
    Small QD connectors (not from store): ~$5
    Total: ~$260

Keep in mind that's just what went into the saber. My noobishness resulted in some repair taking place to my boards and a couple design changes resulted in money spent on parts that are no longer in the design. In total, I spent way too much money on this saber, but when you have a creation that works the way you expect it too, it's a priceless feeling indeed

I agree. It's a great feeling when you get that saber working.

Do be careful adding up costs. Internals get expensive. Hilts get expensive. Then you figure out what you've spent on tools.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Is everything connected with clips or do you have things that are soldered straight up? Also, how small are those clips compared to the JST's. I have a similar idea to connect my saber so in the future I can swap out the internals between different sabers to save money when i start building multiple sabers.

The only thing I have QD is the LED and the AV switches/accents. There is NO more room in the hilt. Zero. None. I wanted to QD the speaker, but I had no room. I have the QDs I do just so I can disassemble it if need be.

The QDs I used are about half of the JSTs. Maybe a little smaller.