Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sound in a maglite saber

Are you buying new Maglites to modify? It might be more cost effective to buy basic hilts from the store. It's only cheaper if you already have them laying around. A basic pommel hilt blade holder is about $50.A new Maglite + blade holder ,adapter and pommel is about $60-$70.
    Don
    Sith Happens

No, I have some existing ones laying around the house that I can use. That's why I came to this shops site. They got the parts I can use on my mag.

I want to thank everyone that helped me with the pointers and tips. I got everything set to order, just gonna save my money so i can order it all in one big order, then I'll post some pics of the finished product. Again thank you everyone.
    Chad J.S. Hansis (Cha'is Jar)

Reading thru the NB manual, http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...te%20v2-GB.pdf it shows a built in motion sensor chip on page 6,
    (seventh page of the pdf) so you might not need the clash and swing sensors mentioned in post 8. I could be wrong though, as I too
    am still somewhat new-ish around here. If so welcome any additional info that other, more experienced sabersmiths can provide.

Based on what I've read on these forums, the most common way of achieving FOC appears to be using a combination of tri-rebel led
    and a power extender.

Do you hear that?
    That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way.

You are correct, TwinMill. The sensors are not necessary with NB boards. All detection is done with an on board accelerometer. You are also correct about FOC.
    Last edited by DarthFender; 10-31-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

If I go that route, what's the best heat sink that I should use with the tri-rebel that would work best with the mag-lite blade holder setup?
    Last edited by Cha'is Jar; 11-02-2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling, grammer

Hi Chad, how'd you go with this? Any update would be appreciated as like you I'm new to this... I'm looking to use a 3x C Cell Maglite and am super confused. I'd like to include the Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2 as well.
    What parts did you end up ordering? Any help is greatly appreciated

I haven't been able to order and build yet due to my job taking all my time as of late, but I am saving to buy all the parts in one order to build my kids and mine.

For the AV switch, is it going to be the 16mm? What size one do I get. Going to be getting the parts for the build soon. Oh, and with the 18650 battery what resistor do I use? The Tri Rebel I'm getting is BLU/BLU/WHT. I have 18650's laying round the house from my vaping mod.
    Last edited by Cha'is Jar; 01-02-2016 at 03:27 PM.