Thread: Is it possible to make

Phatrion

Default Is it possible to make

So i want to make a imperial knight lightsaber is it possible?
    i also would like to have a crystal chamber can i do it?

It all depends. That design has been made before. I don't remember if they had crystal chambers or not, I don't think they did. It ALL depends on how long you want to make it, and what you want to put inside of it (and I'm not talking about just the crystal chamber).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

One thing about the MHS systems that continually amazes me is that most any sabers really can be made with it with a little imagination and work. Curved sabers are so far the only thing that I've seen that seems to get a bit complicated, but with a few sourced parts and hard work even those can be done (and have been) by various members.
    I just zipped over to Vader's Vault to refresh my memory of what the IK saber looks like, and it looks like, with a little help from Tim and some elbow grease, one could make a really nice one, especially using V2 parts and a tube of appropriately sized sleeve material (one could make it more easily with the V1 but it might look a bit more massive in the hand relative to the original Dark Horse design if one used the thick MHS sleeve material, Maybe use the 1.5" sink tube material instead?). What it looks like is that one would need to cut a 45 angle in the Blade Holder (only if using the V2, V1 has a bladeholder like this) using a miter saw (or perhaps Tim can do it for you). Ask Tim if he can machine the correct types of grooves in the V2 parts as well as making a hole for the switch(es) and recharge port (if needed) unless you can do it yourself and want to. After that you source a piece of sleeve material that will have the right inner and outer diameter (or better yet, if Tim has any plans for carrying an appropriate sized tube, get it from him). Then you would cut out the appropriate shaped opening in the sleeve material and bevel the edges etc, make sure you have enough clearance that the powder coating doesn't scratch (Tim does beautiful powder coating in my opinion and I seem to recall he can also thin things down to avoid scratching on sleeve materials). After that, install the electronics you were carefully planning out using the huge amount of research and help data available on the TCSS forum. Then you get your saber pieces, assemble your electronics (more research), polish the sleeve and other appropriate parts to your taste (I get the feeling that newly issued knight sabers are probably dazzlingly shiny but...) and after a lot of fun and some hard work you have an imperial knight saber. Warning (in case you didn't already find out the hard way) saber building is dangerously addictive! Ain't it great?
    Have fun and good luck!

Phatrion

Lenth could be around 12-13 inches and i'm not sure what i wan't to put inside it.