Thread: trying to use MR Darth Vader Sound Board with MHS hilt

Default trying to use MR Darth Vader Sound Board with MHS hilt

Just to confirm,
    I bought a MR vader sound board and I am trying to incorporate it into my hilt.
    I need a 4AAA battery pack I think, with my red tri rebel. Can I use any speaker?
    Also, I know I need to switch the latching switch to momentary, but I have a guarded switch so I need a momentary guarded switch, right?
    BeCause I kind of wanted a LED momentary switch, but they are not guarded.
    Thanks

I recall these boards run off from 3AAA and not 4. You could run it off from 4AAA (never tried, but got on this Forum confirmation from Masters that it works with 6v, although be careful with non-rechargeable batterries, they migth have a voltage above 1.5v...).
    Speaker, I think they would run OK with a 8Ohm Speaker the size you can fit into the hilt, look around in the TCSS Shop, they sell suberb speakers.
    As to switches, I might be mistaken, but I thought all Hasbros have latching (so either on or off, but alas I might mix up the things...)

Thanks, I know Jay-gon-Jinn built his with a Darth MR soundboard and a 4AAA battery pack. Thanks for the speaker advice, I can ask the guy I bought the soundboard from on ebay about the switch, he just sells MR parts. My main goal is not to fry the board.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...der+soundboard